Thursday, February 25, 2010

Love Songs - Day 6 of Lent

OK, I know I'm a little behind on my blog post - forgive me.

Anyway, I wanted to let you know that for Day 6 of Lent I read the book of Song of Solomon. By the way, after reading this book I think the name is wrong which, of course, is probably why it is often called Song of Songs. Even that name doesn't really seem to fit. I don't think Song of Solomon fits because most of the songs in the book are actually from the woman not Solomon. I also don't think Song of Songs works because it isn't just a song but several songs.

Anyway, as I was reading this most interesting book I realized that over the years I have heard many sermons and teachings on marriage based on such passages as that found in Ephesians but rarely have I heard anything out of this book. Strange really, because the book is a manual on developing and maintaining a passionate and loving relationship. Of course, it is also very graphic which we Christians feel very uncomfortable with. Perhaps this is the lesson for today - learn to enjoy what the Lord has created as He intended it to be enjoyed.

No comments: