Monday, March 03, 2014

Not fully home yet...

Well, it's been a while since I've added to this blog. So here is a brief update.

A few weeks ago I started a little campaign that I called 41 for 41. The intention is to get 41 new sponsors for children through Compassion International before my 41st birthday which is March 8th. I made a few post about this and then perhaps it looked like I just stopped, died, or simply stepped off the earth for awhile. Well, none of that is true. The fact is that I went on a trip to Bangladesh where I had the opportunity to meet, eat with, play soccer, play cricket,and to dance with some of the wonderful children who are not just surviving but are now living because they are sponsored through Compassion. I've been back home now for a while but have found it difficult to write (although I will be sharing more of this great trip later) because frankly I'm not fully home yet. Truth is part of me is still in Bangladesh. Part of me who had the chance to laugh, cry, and hug these wonderful children is still there but with the added pressure of not actually being there. There is the desire to be there and to protect them from the harsh realities of the world that they must live in.  Never the less, I'm here far away and detached. This is something that I'm still struggling to process.  All of this is further complicated by my desire to be fully home for my family here. We must never forget the present of being present.

So I am home, but not fully home yet. Perhaps the remedy is found in extending my definition of home. One of the last things I said to Munna, our sponsored child, before we left was that he is family. So perhaps I will never by fully home or perhaps my home is in North Carolina, Florida, Ethiopia, and now Bangladesh. I'd like to encourage you to extend your heart and to extend your home. Extend your family to a child that is perhaps half way around the world. Extend your love to a child by sponsoring today. 

Finally, when you do sponsor a child will you please send me a message so I know how close we are to reaching the 41 for 41.  And would you be so kind to help share this with others as well. Thank you and God bless.

                                                       SPONSOR A CHILD HERE!

Family 

1 comment:

Kimberly Hall said...

LOVE...and totally agree. My heart has a home in many countries, and I treasure the moments I have had with our precious sponsored children!