Tuesday, March 04, 2014

It's Simple Math Really...

Everyone knows that math is not my strong suit. However the math here is simple enough that I can even do it. The math is this: I have over 700 friends on Facebook that I have bombarded with my desire to have 41 new children sponsored through Compassion International by my 41st birthday this March 8th. Now that is 700 people who have been asked to sponsor. I have also asked 700 people to share my birthday request with their friends. Let's assume (and be very conservative) that each of those 700 have at least 200 of their own friends that are not mutual friends of mine. So if each of those 700 shared my birthday request with their friends that would be an additional 140000 people who would be contacted with the request to sponsor a child. So in total more than 140,700 people would know of the 41 for 41 campaign. This means that in order to reach 41 new sponsors less than 1% of the total number of potential people who will hear about this request need to actually respond by sponsoring a child.

Now to be honest, when I started this little campaign I really didn't think it would be possible. Now I'm thinking that the numbers don't lie. Honestly, with a potential audience of over 140,000 people the number 41 seems too small. Of course this is all contingent upon my friends passing this on to their friends.

So as always I'm simply asking that you SPONSOR A CHILD but this is a post to truly ask that you send this on to your friends. Please make sure that all your friends know about the 41 for 41. With your help we should easily reach 41 new sponsors which means 41 children whose lives will be forever changed.

Thank you for your help and God bless.

John with Munna, Munna's Grandmother, Munna's social worker and Timothy our interpreter.



No comments: