Tuesday, February 11, 2014

41 for 41

In just under 4 weeks I'll be turning 41. I'm not one for really celebrating my birthday in a big way. Usually just a simple dinner with my family is all I really want. However this year there is something that I really want but it will take quite a few people to make it happen. It will take you who are reading this to not only respond but to help in passing on the birthday request to your social circles as well.

For my birthday this year I want to see 41 children sponsored through Compassion International.  Compassion works to release children from extreme poverty in Jesus' name.  In just a few days I'll be traveling to Bangladesh to see first hand the work that Compassion does and how it is impacting the lives of children, their families, and their communities. I look forward to being able to share what I see and learn on this trip. However I don't need to be on the trip to tell you that I have been involved with Compassion for years. Compassion is Christ centered, child focused, church based, and committed to integrity. I know not only from the over 10 years of 4-star ratings from Charity Navigator but more importantly from the letters we have received from our own sponsored children that Compassion is a program that works.  That children who once had no hope now have hope and a future.

I'm turning 41 this year and I want to celebrate with 41 children who are now being sponsored through Compassion.  Please help me reach this birthday goal by doing these 3 simple things:

              1. Sponsor a Child using this link - Compassion!

        2. Pass this birthday wish on by posting on FB, 
            twitter, etc.

        3. Please either leave me a comment here, on FB, 
            or email me and let me know that you have 
            sponsored a child. 

Thank you for making this the best birthday yet not only for me but for 41 children around the world.

No comments: